STORM CHASING WORKSHOP #1
Workshop Schedule: Jun 3 – 13, 2017 // SPECIAL CHRISTMAS OFFER – 15% OFF ALL WORKSHOPS
Have you ever think about how my dramatic storm and tornado photographs are achieved, how I am often found on the right spot at the right time? This is a unique opportunity for your to join me on this wild adventure the next spring. Tornado Alley is amazing place where hundreds of majestic, spaceship alike supercell storms and violent tornadoes can be found. My goal is to find those most dramatic and photogenic storms, take right photographs and timelapses of them. I will be honoured to share this adventure with you, help you photographing the best storms on each day, bring you close enough to observe photogenic tornadoes and most importantly, help you to improve your photography and post-processing skills.
Scroll down and see what’s out there waiting to be learned and photographed with your own camera!
GOALS OF THE WORKSHOP & WHAT WE WILL LEARN
- Capture unique and spectacular supercell storms and tornadoes over the prairies across Tornado Alley
- Improve your photography skills (creating right landscape compositions, setup proper camera settings, etc.)
- Improve your post-processing skills in Photoshop & Lightroom using an advanced processing workflow, layer masking, etc.
- Understand basic weather (charts, radar, satellite,…) and how to use it in your shooting plans
- Understand severe weather, its structure and its danger
- How to properly setup your camera for photographing storms in poor light conditions
- How to photograph lightning and make stacked final images
- How to combine storms with the Milky Way or with the Moon
- How to do sky panoramas and stunning timelapses
- Having an amazing fun times on our adventure together and much more!
REGISTRATION & FEE & CANCELLATION
To register for the workshop, you can send en email email@example.com or simply make a payment via this page (see below for details). A 50%, non-refundable deposit is required to reserve your space for the workshop (or you may pay in full once you register). The remaining balance is due 30 days prior to the workshop start date.
Total fee of the workshop:
2500,00 EUR 2100,00 EUR
1250,00 EUR 1050,00 EUR
Spots available: 4 (max) participants + 1 tutor // 3 spots left
Book online using paypal options below:
If for some reason you have to cancel and the workshop is otherwise filled, you will be refunded the full amount you have paid towards the tuition, minus a 100 EUR service charge. If you cancel and the workshop spots do not fill, then you will be refunded according to the following schedule, based on the full fee of the workshop and distance from the start date of the workshop:
Greater than 60 days: full refund minus 100 EUR fee.
45-60 days before: 75% refund
30-45 days before: 50% refund
Less than 30 days: no refund
Refunds will be paid by the same method that the original payment was made and will be initiated within 72 hours of the time that the request is approved.
- A Digital SLR camera
- A variety of lenses – from extreme wide angle lens (up to 12/14mm) to classic wide angle lens and the usual zoom lenses up to 300mm
- A sturdy tripod
- An intervalometer or wire trigger for your camera
- Multiple memory cards & Extra batteries
- Laptop with at least the trial versions of Photoshop and Lightroom installed
- Warm weather clothing and possibly weatherproof jacket
- Hiking shoes
- Transportation (usually a fullsize SUV or van) throughout the entire workshop, gas, etc.
- Lodging at each location, double occupancy with breakfast (single occupancy available for extra fee of 200 EUR)
- All day tuition and various debates on weather photography, weather forecasting, understanding weather systems, improving your knowledge, etc.
- Any park entrance fees (if we experience no-chasing days)
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED
- Airfare to/from Denver international airport
- Travel insurance
- Food & beverages
Storm chasing workshop consists of a lot of driving and most of our photoshooting will be done near the car, we will be doing a lot of stops while moving around the storms. So no specific physical conditions are required for this workshop. Weather is usually wildly dramatic with heavy rainfall and windy conditions, so expect we might need to use weatherproof clothing sometimes although our goal is to observe storms from driest positions against the storm cores possible.
The storm chasing expedition/workshop route is not planned in advance, this 11-day workshop starts and ends at Denver international airport, the plan has to be completely flexible based on weather systems across the large area of Tornado Alley. This will allow us finding the best photoshoot conditions each time.
It is recommended you arrive at least the day prior to the workshop starting which will allow you to adjust to the time difference and give you some rest before we meet and start the workshop.
- The meeting point will be the Denver international airport at noon (12pm hour) on Saturday, June 3rd.
- The workshop ends on Tuesday, June 13th, and we will bring you to the Denver international airport in the early afternoon hours.
Below is the sample gallery of various supercell storms and tornadoes we will be out seeking to photograph throughout our entire workshop. Lets have a blast chasing the most photogenic storms on the planet and enjoy this lifetime adventure together! I am looking forward to meet you under the meso!