ICELAND WORKSHOP #1
Workshop Schedule: Jan 22 – 28, 2017 // SPECIAL CHRISTMAS OFFER – 15% OFF ALL WORKSHOPS
Have you ever dreamed about visiting the epic Icelandic landscapes with waterfalls, glaciers and ice caves? Its wild nature within the northern Atlantic ocean climate? Can you imagine all these combined with the magical northern lights that shine above the winter mountain landscapes, waterfalls and lakes in the night sky? You’re at the right place to experience true Arctic paradise! I will be honoured to share all this with you, help you finding the best spots and light, dancing auroras and improve your photography and post-processing skills.
Scroll down and see what’s out there waiting to be learned and photographed with your own camera!
GOALS OF THE WORKSHOP & WHAT WE WILL LEARN
- Capture unique epic landscapes, combined with waterfalls and nightscape with northern lights
- Improve your photography skills (creating right landscape compositions, setup proper camera settings, etc.)
- Improve your post-processing skills in Photoshop & Lightroom using an advanced processing workflow, layer masking, etc.
- Understand basic weather (charts, radar, satellite,…) and how to use it in your shooting plans
- Understand the night sky, how to locate stars and constellations
- Understand northern lights, their prediction and use of various photography skills to capture them
- How to properly setup for shooting the night sky and aurora, how to focus your lens in total darkness
- How to shoot the Milky Way, the Moon and various constellations
- How to do light painting, create star trails, sky panoramas and stunning timelapses
- How to utilize motion blur to capture dramatic seascapes and waterfall images
- Having an amazing fun times on our adventure together and much more!
REGISTRATION & FEE & CANCELLATION
To register for the workshop, you can send en email email@example.com or simply make a payment via this page (see below for details). A 50%, non-refundable deposit is required to reserve your space for the workshop (or you may pay in full once you register). The remaining balance is due 30 days prior to the workshop start date.
Total fee of the workshop:
1900,00 EUR 1600,00 EUR
950,00 EUR 800,00 EUR
Spots available: 4 (max) participants + 1 tutor // 3 spots left
Book online using paypal options below:
If for some reason you have to cancel and the workshop is otherwise filled, you will be refunded the full amount you have paid towards the tuition, minus a 100 EUR service charge. If you cancel and the workshop spots do not fill, then you will be refunded according to the following schedule, based on the full fee of the workshop and distance from the start date of the workshop:
Greater than 60 days: full refund minus 100 EUR fee.
45-60 days before: 75% refund
30-45 days before: 50% refund
Less than 30 days: no refund
Refunds will be paid by the same method that the original payment was made and will be initiated within 72 hours of the time that the request is approved.
- A Digital SLR camera
- A variety of lenses – from extreme wide angle lens (up to 12/14mm) to classic wide angle lens and the usual zoom lenses up to 150mm – preferred wide open F stops (e.g. f/2.8 or even lower towards f/1.4)
- A sturdy tripod
- An intervalometer or wire trigger for your camera
- Multiple memory cards & Extra batteries
- Laptop with at least the trial versions of Photoshop and Lightroom installed
- Warm and possibly weatherproof clothing
- Hiking shoes
- Transportation (usually a fullsize SUV or van) throughout the entire workshop, gas, etc.
- Lodging at each location, double occupancy with breakfast (single occupancy available for extra fee)
- All day tuition and various debates on photography, improving your knowledge, etc.
- Any park entrance fees
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED
- Airfare to/from Keflavík international airport
- Travel insurance
- Food & beverages
There will be some easy to moderate walking to reach our shooting locations, but never more than 30 minutes in one direction. Expect winter (snowy/icy) conditions we will walk through.
Despite the somehow planned route we would like to achieve throughout this 7-day workshop, the plan has to be flexible based on weather and photoshoot conditions each time, especially as one of our main focus goals are the northern lights / aurora.
It is recommended you arrive at least the day prior to the workshop starting which will allow you to adjust to the time difference and give you some rest before we meet and start the workshop.
- The meeting point will be the Keflavik international airport at noon (12pm hour) on Sunday, January 22nd.
- The workshop ends on Saturday, January 28th, and we will bring you to the Keflavik international airport in the early afternoon hours.
Below is the sample gallery what we will be out photographing throughout our workshop, while there is much much more epic landscapes and spectacular northern lights waiting for us to capture them while having a blast on this lifetime adventure together!
Enjoy and I am looking forward to meet you there!